Wednesday, July 30, 2008

NYC and temple baptisms

Yeah!

That's such exciting news. After I didn't hear anything last week about Kirstin, I kept thinking.... "Goodness, I hope everything is ok." So I prayed for her even more. I'm glad it all went well. The pictures are adorable. Too bad I won't get to meet her for another 9 months or so.

Transfers are next week. We won't find out until Monday what will happen. But things have been going much better. We went to the temple today to do temple baptisms with Jackie. It was her first time since being baptized 2 months ago. She loved it and I took pictures, well of travel, since we had to take the train/subway down and we didn't even get lost, well maybe just a couple wrong turns, but nothing major. I've decided when I get transferred down to the city that it might be a little overwhelming at first, but I'm excited for it.

This week we also had mission conference. It was so good. They are always so inspirational as we try to do better each day. This week they talked a lot about accountability and how we are accountable to the Lord for what we do. Our area has been struggling a bit and I've been praying on what we need to do different. I had the idea... "talk to more people," but then I thought, "That's too simple and I do talk to people." So I kept praying about it... but of course I got nothing new. While at the mission conference, I finally realized that the revelation I needed I had already gotten... I just needed to talk to more people. And so that's what I have been trying to doing. Talking to more people. Today I talked to a lady from Mexico on the subway about families and left her a family proc. I hope she reads it, she was really nice and really sincere. Definitely ready to hear the gospel. She'll be baptized one day (Course, that's what I think of everyone).

We've been trying to get Maria and Jairo to the addiction recovery program, but it's been difficult. They always come up with last minute excuses. So this last Thursday we stopped by there house and they were in the middle of a major cleaning project. But Sis. Lakip was able to convince them that if we helped and got enough done that they would go. In the matter of 45 minutes we put a turned around house back together, had a babysitter for the kids, and had made them dinner. I think the Lord either slowed down the time (I won't kid that I was praying for that) or that he made it so we worked really, really, effeciently. But the went. Unfortunately, they didn't go to church this Sunday. I'm thinking we might have to drive over and have them follow us.... we shall see.

But we did have a couple come to a baptism. Mirian and Manuel came and saw a baptism. We actually met them in a hospital in Stamford while visiting another investigator (they are the in-laws). They are really nice. We extended a baptismal date to Mirian which she accepted, but Manuel wasn't home so we will be talking to them tomorrow. It's so exciting.

So, things are going well. I still have my rough days, but overall it's good.

Hey Dad, that's exciting about your job! Maybe you'll be coming to New York sometime... he he (j/k). The Lord does watch out for us, but he tests are diligence, faith, and patience. Oh man.... it's easy to look back and understand. That's why we write it down so that we can remember those experiences when once again our faith and patience are tried.

So, will you be moving soon? I still need to let the office know about the move in case they need to get a hold of you. I think they still have you on file as living in California... which I know that you aren't any more. And even more crucial... I can't mail you any letters! I had to send one to Kirstin. Hopefully she got it and sent it to you, but I'm sure things are pretty crazy around her house right now with McKeltie. Can you send me your address, phone number, and new ward and stake? I'd appreciate it lots.

Oh happy day for the Price family. I love and miss you lots, but I'm glad that I am here. Missions are definitely good things, even if it is hard at times. Love you lots and have a great summer in Utah.

Love,
Erin

No comments: