Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I've seen lightning bugs!

Hello Family,

Guess what happened. We had a whole family come to church on Sunday. They came and said they enjoyed it. The mother and father have a baptismal date. Their daughters don't necessarily because they never come in when we teach. One is older and never home and the other always has friends over. But we are still working closely with them and are excited with how much the progress. We heard the father pray for the first time and it was so sweet. There isn't anything as tender as hearing someone pray with sincere intent for the first time. There was such a great feeling in the room and all of us felt it. We will be seeing them this week to talk to them more. There names are Maria and Jairo.

I also saw a lightning bug for the first time. It was amazing, just made my day. Do we not have them in California? Now I see them everywhere. I want to go catch some one night and put them in a jar, but alas I really don't have time for that. Maybe another time when I visit.

Oh, another cool thing. We had mission conference last Friday, but what was unusual was that the whole mission was meeting together instead of splitting it into two areas like they usually do, but they wouldn't tell us why. It wasn't until we arrived to a church in Manhattan that we found out. President Uchtdorf was coming to speak to us. It was amazing. He was on vacation in New York and wanted to speak to the missionaries here. He spoke for an hour and a half or so and it was amazing. The spirit was so strong and he said a lot of things that helped me out. It seems that I keep needing those constant reminders.

I am grateful for the words of counsel and comfort I have received in my setting apart, my blessings here, and in my patriarchal blessing. They keep me going because I see how they exactly relate to what I am struggling with. It doesn't make the struggle any easier, but it is a comfort that God knew and prepared me with counsel for when it came. I'm praying that everything will be resolved.

That's way cool about the job, Dad! I hope that you get it, but I know whatever happens will be the best for the family. He is watching out for you. I don't have the new address for Utah... will you send it to me. I'd appreciate it much. And also will you have a new email address and phone number. These are things I need to report to the office once you move. Also probably the new ward information.... maybe more, but I would have to ask.

Love you lots and pray for you. Thank you for your prayers and support. Don't get too exhausted moving all the stuff to Utah. Have fun.

Love,
Sis. Price


No comments: