Monday, June 30, 2008

Another cycle past!

Good Morning Mom, Dad, and Family,

Jackie was confirmed on Sunday! Which was a relief and excitement because
the whole family came to church. Yesterday we were over at her house and she
comes up and says... "Do you notice anything different? About my face?" We
look at her and are thinking... "no you still have the same makeup? Maybe a
little tanner? I don't know." Finally she retorts, "I took like 5 earrings
out" Lo and behold, she had taken out several earrings that she refused to
do before. We were so happy. She has changed so much and the girls from the
church have been so supportive, especially since she has made a lot of
changes with the friends she usually hangs out with.I'm not worried about
her anymore for when we leave because of the great youth we have here.

We also met a family whose son is friends with Jackie. We started teaching
them about the church and they seem really interested. :). We of course left
them with a Book of Mormon and we are going to come back and give them a
baptismal date. As we left we were talking about baptism by immersion and
their daughter was amazed that it was completely underwater. She said, "I
want to do that!" So we asked how old she was, when she responded 10, we
said, "Well, then you can." Of course, we want the parents to be excited
about it to. But I have lots of faith because at one point the father was
quizzing me about me testimony, how I got it, what it was... etc.... and
then he said, "When I studied with the Jehovah Witnesses, they knew a lot,
but I didn't feel anything. But I feel something with you." That's the Holy
Spirit! The church is true!

Thanks for the package, I am excited to get it. We've been having random
rainstorms almost everyday. Apparently it rains a lot in the afternoon
during the summer. Who would have guessed. I don't think I could live here.
I prefer the East Coast, but it's been a good experience.

Love you lots and miss you. I'll get through, I've gotten through this far.
Just tell me the happy news and how you are doing. And when is Jarom getting
married. You told me that it is less than a month away. Is he getting
married in July or August? Anyway, love you lots.

Love,
Me

No comments: