Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Oh man. Another week

Hello Family

Still, I continue to work. Our investigators have started to drop us. The dad is still interested in being baptized, but the wife won't talk to us. She is angry at the world. We pray for them, but still are not sure what to do.

We had Zone Conference this week. It was really good. Focused on teaching simply and with the spirit. And then today we had a dart war game. Went around the building shooting nerf darts through PVC pipes at each other. Senior companions vs. Junior companions. The Juniors won almost every time :).

We had a great lesson with a less-active family here. They stopped going to church pretty soon after they were baptized. We talked to them about remembering their baptismal feelings and about renewing their covenants. I don't know if they will come to church, but I believe it got them thinking more, and they felt the spirit.

We had a baptism this last Saturday in the ward. It was for an 8-year-old, but Sis. Lakip and I came about 15 minutes early to help out. Turns out no one had filled the font, which takes about 1 hour to fill if you want warm water, 30 minutes if you don't mind cold. So we called the Zone Leaders who had the keys and they rushed over to help. It was a pretty interesting baptism. So many things went awry, but all in all it was good. Just remember to get the font filled in time.

Hope all is well. I'm glad the move went well. I love you all and hope that you have fun in Utah! And is Jarom going to send me an invitation? I'd love to have one.

Love you lots,
Erin

No comments: