Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to the New Year!

Hola Mamá, Papá y familia!

Yes, this will be the last Tuesday (at the mtc), that I will be able to
email. I received my travel plans last Thursday. I'll be leave Tuesday
morning at 6:00 am, which means I'm to report to the travel office at 3:00
in the morning (oh my!). Surprisingly I'm not that nervous. I think that
will come on the actual day, when I'm in New York and my companion says,
"Ok, it is your turn to talk." Yep, I think I might be nervous then, but
then again, miracles happen.

My companion hasn't received her travel plans yet, so I'm not sure what will
happen to her. Hopefully she will get them this week. Otherwise she might be
here for another week or so.

It's funny that you mention bed bugs because I had a health meeting last
night and that is one of the things they mentioned, bed bugs. Dun, Dun,
DUN!But they have a procedure of using some bug repellent that they Brother
guaranteed would keep any smaller bugs away, and it is 100% natural, even
though it smells differently. He said it is from Chrysanthumums (sp?). Oh,
and my "chiste" last night. The teacher was saying that we actually need to
eat meat because it contains proteins that out body doesn't make (I'm not
sure how the goes with the word of wisdom, I'm still thinking on that), and
that eating only beans does not work because we can produce the same
proteins that beans make. That's when I leaned over to my companion and
said, "That's because we are human beans!" That's when we just about lost it
with laughter. Yes, some say I've been in the mtc too long.

On a more serious note, since I've been in the mtc, I've been praying a lot
about my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I had a testimony before, but I
wanted one that was much stronger, so that when I told the people that the
Book of Mormon was true, they knew that I really meant it. I think I was
waiting for some big revelation to come down on me when I was praying,
testifying it was true (and I have had small experience, but nothing like I
thought would happen). But what happened was yesterday, at a meeting we were
talking about the Book of Mormon, and suddenly I realized that I did have a
testimony. It wasn't that I gained the testimony right then, only that right
then I realized how much it had grown. I marvel sometimes how plain the
scriptures can be, and yet I really don't understand them. I could cite you
the scripture that we learn line upon line, precept upon precept, and I yet
I feel like I'm really starting to understand it. The more you learn, the
more you realize you don't know. But at the same time, the more you want to
know and the more the Holy Spirit reveals. It's a fantastic spiral!

Thanks for the letter Dad. It helped a lot, as does all your letters. I love
hearing from you. I've been doing well and setting goals and preparing
myself to leave in a week (mentally and spiritually). I'll check my email
later on the afternoon, to see if you have written, (that's not an
obligation, just in case you want too since I won't see it next week). Love
you all and Happy New Year!

Love,
Hermana Price

No comments: