Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Fw: Merry Christmas: Take two

Ok, I'm back!

I've been thinking about you all today. I thought, hmm... right now they
would be opening packages, and hmmm.... right now they would be cleaning for
the fodd.. and hmmm I think right now they would be eating the scones. But
don't worry, there is a tinge of homesickness, but it's not bad, not that I
don't miss you, more that I know I should be here and this was my decision,
so I'm moving forward.

Elder Perry came this morning and spoke to us. It was very good, he spoke
about how we need to bring the gospel to first our own people (family,
heritage, place) and then to the world. Well, I get to do both at the same
time, bring the gospel and my testimony to my family and the world.

This week, I've been thinking a lot about the Lord and his power. Because I
often want to be able to do things myself, and yet I can't do this work by
myself. I need to have the Lord. You are probably familiar with the
scripture, but it has brought about a new meaning in my life, "Trust in the
Lord with all they heart, and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all
thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths." I think here in the
mtc has helped me understand even more how important that is. And even
though it's very hard sometimes to learn, I am grateful for it. And places
in my heart continue to be filled.

It snowed last night, so we woke up to a white Christmas. It's beautiful,
though cold. I did recieve your package, but I haven't had the chance to
open it. But I was so happy to get it, and I've been happy all day.

I had a experience the last day, where I thought, "Wow, I'm truly becoming a
missionary." I thought about how Jarom was able to watch a disney movie in
his mission and wondered if I was going to be able to watch one and I
thought, "I think I'd rather go study the scriptures, then watch a movie!"
Personal study time is one of my favorite times now. I'm learning much and
my testimony continues to grow. The days sometimes seem so long and yet as I
look back, I don't think I would change it. I'm being shaped into someone
new.

I did switch districts this week and am in the advanced. In some respects
that scares me because I'm not advanced Spanish, and I don't get quite the
practice I want in Spanish (because they don't do grammar or practicing
because they all know it), but I have been talking a bit more in Spanish and
trying hard. I have a new companion to, Hermana Peña. She's from San Diego
(Imperial Beach) too and going to New York, New York North as well. There is
also an elder in my district going to the same mission, and I met another
sister (in beginning spanish) as well. So in total that I know of, there are
4 people leaving on the same day for New York. How exciting. Only 2 weeks
left! I get to teach the first lesson in Spanish twice this week in the TRC,
I'm almost better at doing it in Spanish then in English because I really
have to think and plan out what I want to say so that it is simple and makes
sense. I'll be pro by the end of my mission.

Ok, you have received an extra long email today and I'll probably be writing
you another letter too. I love you all and am so glad to hear from everyone.
Daniel, how's the eagle project going? Rachelle, anything new in High
School? Ammon, are you doing another play at Flying Hills? Mom, Dad, how's
the yard coming?

Know that I love you all so very much! Don't worry mom, I'll be back in no
time to enjoy Christmas with the family. Le quiero.

Con Amor,
Hermana Price

No comments: