Monday, December 10, 2007

Letter sent 12/4/07

Buenos Días Mamá! Y Buenos Días mi famila,

Si es Martes, y me gusta mucho. Life is ever much the same here. I go to class, go to breakfast, go to class, go to lunch, go to class, go to dinner, go to class, go to bed. Well, I guess I must confess that there is so variety in there. For example I have gym 5 times a week, I practice teaching others, and I have MDT (missionary-directed time) where I can do the things I want that relate to the language or the gospel.

And I've had some miracles happen. I'm now nearly a month into my mission and I have woken up everyday by 6:30, I can now take a shower and get ready in less than a half an hour. Iam learning to speak spanish (even if the process is a bit slow and frustrating at times), but I'm less and less afraid to speak. I appreciate your prayers and your support.
Part of me can't wait to get out into the field though because I don't think I will really learn spanish, or really learn how to teach, or really learn how to be directed by the spirit until I am completely immersed in it. I know that it's not easier out in the field and this is great time to prepare, but I don't think I will ever feel completely ready for something like this. I need the experience.

Here's the scripture I've been thinking about this week, it's one many people know, but I wonder if we really understand the importance of it in our life. Juan 3:16-17 (I believe those are the right vs.) "For God so loved the world, that he gave his Only Begotten Son" that whosoever would believe on him might not perish, but have everlasting life. How great a love this is! How great he must care for his souls, that he allowed his only Begotten son to suffer and die, so that all of us could return to him. And Christ's love for us, "No greater love hath man than this, then he lay down his life for his friend." Que Bueno!

Time is short, but I am well. I love you all familia. Sounds like you are having a busy good time. Keep me updated on all that takes place.

Love, Hermana Price

P.S. It snowed this week, but my camera isn't working. I bought a disposable (I'm thinking it's probably a blessing that I don't have an "expensive" camera for New York), but I can't develop the pictures until I finish taking the roll. Sorry :(. I'll send some more as soon as I can. And the glasses are working great. Thanks!

No comments: