Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Letter 12/11/07

Hola Familia,

I made a list of things that I wanted to write you, but then I forgot it. It
is still sitting on my desk in my room. Hopefully, I can remember it all.

First, would you be able to find Ms. Sheehan's address or email address. I
was thinking about her the other day and want to keep in touch. I don't know
if we still have her address in the address book, or if you could find the
email address on the internet. But if you could I would really, really
appreciate it.

This week I was called to be the Coordinating Sister in the branch. I'm not
completely sure of all my responsibilities, but it does include watching
over and helping the other sisters. I thought it interesting that it came
because at times I feel so overwhelmed myself that I wonder how I will be
able to help others. But I have already seen a bit that as I help others my
concerns seem to diminish. Funny how that works. That's why we need to lose
ourselves in the work.

I believe my spanish is improving. It's hard to tell sometimes, but I
continue to talk (or try to talk) in Spanish. This week will be my first
week teaching entirely in Spanish. I've practiced a couple of principles on
some other sisters here in the mtc and it wasn't as hard as I thought it
would be. It wasn't a cake walk either, but I'm learning.

Yesterday, we had family night here at the mtc and for part of it we watched
a talk by Elder Bednar and he said, "I expect you to take notes, but the
guideline is that you can't write down anything that I say." He then
explained that it is the spirit that will let us know what we need to
improve and it is to him that we should listen. Honestly, I must say that I
didn't think I would get any revelation, I'd never noticed much before. But
as I listened to him, thoughts came to me on how I can improve, which were
sometimes very different than what he was saying. I've decided this is when
my study journal becomes personal and this is when I want to review it,
because it deals precisely to me and has real meaning to me. The Spirit does
testify to us, and does guide us, but we must be still and seek it's
companionship. One thing I did feel was that though I am alone in the class,
I am not unrecognized and the Lord is watching over me.

Love you all, Glad you are well. I received the package the other day. I
love it! It made me Christmas day. Thank you for the cookies, and figurine,
and my cards. Love you much.

Hermana Price

This note is for Jarom: Jarom, funny you should say that because I had
decided last week to write you this week, no joke. So you can expect a
letter.

No comments: