Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy December 18th

Hola Familia-

Another week done at the mtc and only three more to go. This week I move
districts. I am joining an advanced group that enters tomorrow. One of the
Hermanas is even going to my mission! Which I am excited about because now I
don't have to travel to New York alone. (We'll even leave on the same day).

I won't lie, this past week has been a hard for me. The language is coming
along, but I don't feel nearly as prepared as I would like to. I gave my
first lesson in Spanish on Friday, which actually went pretty well. But when
I practiced the second lesson yesterday, it was stumble here stumble there.
Oh man! More practicing for me. I did have a thought the other day that I
want to share:

On Sunday, the BYU men's chorus came to sing to the mtc missionaries and
during the middle of it I thought back to my years in Flying Hills. And I
remember once when I was performing and suddenly I felt nauseous. So at the
end of the song, I walked off stage until the feeling went away. It was a
random thought, but as I was thinking more about it, I thought about how far
I had come since 5th grade. It seems so long ago, what is it? 11 years now?
Back then 21 seemed so old, and my biggest fear was not knowing how to buy
lunch at school. And yet there were things I thought I could never do, that
I did. I can see the Lord's hand in my life. I know because I think I would
have given up on myself, but with him I've made it through. All I've become
he has helped me become.

And I thought, it's the same for my mission. Here I am, on a definitely new
journey and feeling so inadequate. And yet I can see myself at the end of
the mission looking back and thinking, "Wow, I made it through. The things I
thought I could never do I did. It wasn't always easy, in fact it was down
right hard, but I made it through and it was so very much worth." The Lord
will help me through. I forget that sometimes, but here I know that I won't
make it through without his help. I've seen his help all through my life,
and I know that he will continue to help me here. So I do try to stay
positive, and find ways to laugh and serve.

Despite my fear of the language I am so excited to go to New York! It's
strange to think that I only have three weeks left. I miss you and hope you
are well. Don't worry, I think I'll make it through Christmas. It can't be
too much harder than Thanksgiving ;). I love to hear from you, thanks for
all you letters, prayers, and support.

Love,
Hermana Price

No comments: