Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Letter written 11/22/2007

To My Family!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope you are having a grand time and though I do miss home at times I also know that this where I should be.

On this great day of Thanksgiving I got up as usual at 6:30 and had companionship study, then breakfast, then personal study as usual, but then we (as missionaries) had devotional in place of usual class and guess who came... Elder Holland! He gave such an inspirational talk, that lasted 1 hour 45 minutes, but didn't seem long at all. Let me give you some highlights:

  • Be devoted to your mission and have the gospel embedded deep in your heart. Preach my Gospel actually came about because the President was thinking about missionaries who came home and lost the spirit of the mission and the spirit of the gospel. Preach My Gospel is just as much for us as it is for the investigators because aren't we all God's investigators? And that we need to know the gospel well enough so that we can address the need, the individual need of the person.

Before the talk though, we sang prelude hymns and while we were singing I truly felt that there were angels there singing along with us. The promise in D&C 84:88 is true. We are not alone as we do the Lord's work.

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. Actually that was lunch, dinner is sack lunches, but I don't mind.

Tonight we have a Humanitarian Project. We are making first aid kits. They will be held in reserve until a disaster comes, but they seem to come much more often than we would like to think about.

Tomorrow it's back to work as usual. I'll be teaching Lesson 1 in Preach My Gospel again in English. It's so wonderful that we get to practice first, at least I like it, to help build up confidence.

It doesn't look like anybody else is going to be moving up from beginning class to join my class. So I'm solo for the next month or so. I sometimes join other classes during our study time though. So I'm not completely alone. And like I said before, angels are always with us.

I love all of you so much. You are great! Remember to share the gospel, and be not afraid. This is glad news, how can we keep it from others? I can't wait until I actually get out in the field and see the gospel change lives! Pray always and have patience, love, and hope. You are the greatest family in the world.

Hermana Price

No comments: