Saturday, August 30, 2008

Still here in CT


Oh Family,

Let's see what I can remember from this week. One week just seems
to blur in the other and time is getting faster. I'm finding it
true that your mission just seems to go by faster and faster. It's
almost September and school has started again! I remember when
school got out. The weather has cooled off a bit, but it's not
cold. Today it actually reminded me of San Diego when you have the
cool breeze coming in from the Ocean. Unfortunately it smelled
like car exhaust instead of the ocean. Well, I guess you can't get
it all in Stamford, CT.

We are still working for some solid people to teach. We have a
couple of potentials that we have set appointments with that we
are praying will go through. And we have one solid lady, Mirian,
but at this point doesn't want a baptismal date. I have
confidence, though, that that will come soon enough. She comes to
church (even without her husband), is praying, and starting
reading the Book of Mormon from the cover! We will be teaching her
some of the commandments. It will just take some time. We have a
couple other people this week too. Just hoping that all goes
well.

I'm still learning how to recognize that spirit. Sometimes it just
comes as a thought, a light bulb. I becoming more and more
convinced that whenever we have those lightbulb ideas it is
because the spirit brought it to mind. For example, Sis. Pena and
I were walking down N. Water street to look up a referral when we
passed a house. The thought crossed my mind, I should knock on
that door... so we did. But nobody answered. "So much for
inspiration," I thought. Then, the next day we planned to look up
a former investigator and as we drove up to the address it turned
out to be the one I had knocked on the day before. Coincidence...
I don't think so. Today we knocked and talked to this lady who is
a friend of the former investigators and have a return appointment
with her. We are excited for it!

My spanish seems to be coming along. At times I don't feel like
it's any better than when I started, but then I think... "well, I
can now talk on the phone and know what they are saying, if not
always in the appointment." It's been really good. Not what I
expected it to be like, but really good.

Where is Daniel living. There are a lot of youth that are headed
out to BYU-Idaho. Maybe they will be living at the same place. Let
me know.

Love you lots and I pray for you. Sometimes it seems unreal
because I'm so far away from it all, but it's very exciting at the
same time. So much will be different when I come home, and I'm
sure there are still going to be a lot of changes from this point
on still. I still have awhile left.

Thanks for all your support.

Love,

Erin



No comments: