Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Connecticut girl!

Hello Family,

Yes, Connecticut is beautiful, even though I had to travel three hours to
get there. Lots of trees and lots and humidity. It's been raining almost
every day since I've been here, except for a few pockets of sunshine. Today
is actually quite beautiful. I sent home my rain jacket because I hadn't
used it that much, but now I'm thinking I might if this keeps up.... I'll
have to let you know :).

It's been a big switch back to spanish. I just don't have the confidence
there. I've been struggling with that confidence my whole mission, but I
think I've noticed it more since I've been made the senior companion and am
making more of the decisions. I'm definitely going to have to learn how to
deal with stress.

But things have been going well. I had a really good lesson with one of our
less-active members, Lidia Morranchel. She has two kids, but doesn't attend
church much because her husband is not a member. She even served a mission,
but she doesn't want to push the gospel onto her husband. We are trying to
build her faith and courage (I found it ironic because I'm still trying to
build mine). So we watched "Finding Faith in Christ" and asked her to bear
her testimony. We then talked about the example Christ set and how her much
her example is helping her children and husband and how her prayers and
faith will make the difference with her husband. She really wants him to be
baptized because she herself has a strong testimony. I felt the spirit so
strongly. It was a confidence booster for me too. We continue to work with
her and her husband.

Well, I love you lots. Don't worry, I drive safe and I have a great
co-driver who looks out for me to. Together, everything will be fine. I'm
getting used to it again. Glad to hear that all is well. Sounds like
everything is so exciting! I forgot that Daniel was graduating. How fun is
that! You get to see Elder Monson! How cool!

You are all so great and are in my prayers. Love you lots. Keep up your good
work.

Love,
Erin

No comments: