Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Another cycle come and gone

Hello family and friends,

So, once again we anxiously awaited transfer calls Monday night. When that
phone finally rang we heard Elder Jones saying, "Pack your bags, both of you
are leaving." What! Both! They are closing the area to sisters and putting
in Elders. So we've been rushing around Kingston the past few days, trying
to get everything situated for the switch. That makes (not including the
mtc), 4 different companions and 3 areas in 4 cycles. I hope this isn't
going to be a habit for the rest of my mission.

I'm now in Greenwich, CT home to the richest and poorest zipcodes in the
United States. Yes, that would be my new area. And my companion is Sis.
Lakip. She came out a cycle after me and was trained by Sis. Milkanin also.
So, I'm senior companion, which I'm not sure how I feel about that. I would
have been fine being Junior companion my whole mission. I don't think it
really makes much of a difference though. We are really close in "age" and
she has had more spanish experience. We are pretty much equal. The only
difference is that I have to drive the car (yes, not get to, but have to.)

So, I am back in a Spanish ward, but we are still working English also. From
what I hear I mostly find and teach in English and mostly member work in
Spanish. Ay, que voy a hacer? Well, I'm going to learn spanish. My stomach
still does this little flippy thing when I have to speak it, but it's better
since being in Kingston because I had to do all calls and lessons by myself
in Spanish. I just will be speaking more here. Pray for the gift of tongues.

My new address is:

69 Clinton Ave # 2G
Stamford, CT 06901

Ha, I'm in the 0's now. :)

Not much new this week. I told most of it to you on Sunday. It was so good
to call you. Don't worry, I know I was crying when I left, but I was fine
once we started tracting. Still, I do really appreciate all of your support
and love. It helps me make it through those tougher days.

I sent a package home today. I still have a lot of things that I hate
carrying around (I'm such a heavy packer). But slowy I'm getting rid of
things that I don't really use. And things I accumulate from member's and
such. Such as my dirt buddy and woodstock bee. Had to give away the former
and send home the latter.

Love you so much. Hope all is well on the homefront. Let me know of any
changes. I have the best family in the world and I'm serving in the best
mission.

Love you lots,

Erin

No comments: