Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fw: Umm....letter?

Well....

I decided to go on strike! Down to letter writing!...

Just kidding. The mail server was down church ride. None of the missions
could write emails, so we had to wait until today. And then... we had so
many different things going on that I had to wait until now 5:15 to finally
write. So much has been going on and I don't have very much time so I'll do
the best I can.

We met an interesting member the other day. His name is Mike and he is a
chiropractor. In fact, I met him because I was getting adjusted. Mike's an
interesting character too, but fun. I wasn't sure to make of him and first,
but he didn't turn out to be too bad. He used to be in the religion (I guess
you would call it that) wicken. He was a high magician and his wife and
witch of some sort. They were actually converted because of visiting temple
square. It's a long story, and he tells it much more interesting. He's a
great guy. Very into energy and the energy that the world admits or the
spirits emits. I first I thought he was a interesting earth/spirit/energy
freak, but he's pretty normal. And who's to say that he can't sense it.
Maybe it's just a gift he has that I don't. At least he adjusted me so that
I'm walking straight.

Though I've been hurting all day because yesterday we had a zone activity.
We played Dodge ball and soccer. So for about an hour I was playing pretty
intensely and I'm feeling it today. Everytime I move, I ache, but I guess
that's what I get for not stretching.

Anyways, more about the work. We are still teaching Ivan and having trouble
committing him to a baptism date. He is nervous about it and feels he is not
ready, even though he is. I became really frustrated the other night because
I was trying to talk to him in Spanish and I felt like he was telling me
something really important, but I couldn't understand hmm.... lame language
barrier. But when I asked about him later in person, he said it was nothing.
How could it be nothing. This next lesson we are going to try to "overwhelm
him with the spirit" as my district leader calls it.

We are also teaching Gloria. She's a woman in her 30's who is addicted to
drugs. She really wants to change, but because she is addicted finding it
quite difficult. We were really excited because she expressed an interest in
coming to church. Well, it took several phone calls and much frustration to
finally get her a ride (since she doesn't have a car) and when we went to
pick her up, she wasn't there. We were so disappointed. When we talked to
her later, she said some of her old friends (which aren't really friends)
had come by and to get away had ended up at another friends house. She tries
to stay away from home as often as she can, so that they can't find her, but
it also makes it difficult for us to teach her, which is the only thing that
is going to get her through. We keep trying.

We are singing in Sacrament meeting, teaching gospel principles, YW's, and
possibly primary, so we have full day. Usually, it isn't this bad, but
because it's Easter Sunday quite a few people are going to be out of town. I
still love it here. I have my ups and downs, but I'm making it through. Just
can't let Satan get to you.

Thank you for your Easter letter's, I received them today. It made me happy!
You are wonderful. I hope all is well, and that everything is on it's road
to being figured out. Rely on the Lord, he will always lead us to good in
the end, even if it's really difficult in the middle. Well my time is up,
hopefully this made sense because I didn't have time to really think how it
came out, but I love you all so very much.

Love, Erin

No comments: